Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Jonas Feinberg (The Hope Conspiracy, Fulltime Road Dog)


1- Death knows your name is fucking awesome man, do you think its gone over peoples heads, or dont you guys tour enough?


Thanks man! Glad you like the record. Are you saying that no one likes us anymore? Trends come and go my friend, we are the same as we ever were. You dig? I don't think it has gone over peoples heads. All the people that were supposed to get it, get it. We tour a perfect amount. If we toured like some bands these days it would just be depressing. We aren't meant for that anymore. We toured our fucking balls off (figuratively) for the first four years of our existence. That is longer than most bands are even around isn't it? If you missed us, then sorry- you missed us. Anyway, I don't take your opinion lightly, so I'm glad to hear you say it is fucking awesome. Let people say what they want (if anything at all?) and talk about who they want... none of us will ever be Black Sabbath so what is the point anyway?


2- When will you dudes be back here?


2008?


3- Are you over touring yet?, i know i burned out, but you have been on tour with bleeding through and others for fucking ever


Nah man, touring is my job. It has been in my life for over ten years now. It's just kind of second nature really.


4- How long/gross is your beard right now?


My girlfriend loves it. It's staying.


5- I saw the cure the other night, but still have never seen moz, leave me with a story of seeing the master live to leave me jealous.


Last time I saw the Cure play Robert Smith checked his cellphone in the middle of a song. I shit you not, it was on the drum riser and he just picked it up to check out who texted him or whatever. You could totally see it on the Jumbotron screens. Morrissey live shows have gotten to be less fun as he has escalated in popularity again. Some of the venues I've seen him play over the last few years have kind of sucked. People wanting to sit down while he plays? Gimme a break. I mean, he was awesome, but I did like seeing him in General Admission places that were packed out. In 2002 a whole bunch of us saw him at Las Vegas House of Blues. 2 nights. Shit was off the wall. Anyway, let me just conclude by saying how happy I am that you always want to talk about Moz these days. I mean, I do remember your OLD cd collection. I love you, and the direction you are headed

No comments: