Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Aram Arslanian (Betrayed, The First Step, Champion, React Records)

1-How does playing in The First Step compare to when you were playing in Champion?

Playing in The First Step is really low key compared to Champion. Champion was on a mission to get out and create some kind of change in the world, we put everything aside in our lives and gave it 100% every night and I think we made some real impact in the lives of some people. TFS is a much different experience in that way, I mean I definitely feel that we’re out there bringing a message and being very dedicated to that idea, but it’s less of a “Do or Die” type attitude than the Champ. Like TFS is really chill, we play 3 shows a month and while we’re about getting our ideas out there we also focus on just really trying to enjoy our time together and on stage. We spend a lot of time kicking it, talking about life and the core, and seeking out the best vegetarian food the world has to offer.

2- How straight edge are you?

As Straight Edge as it gets. I fully believe in the movement, ideals, and lifestyle and will forever. There’s an unreleased Betrayed song about Straight Edge called , “Know Enough to Know” and in it there’s a line that sums it up for me, “It’s not all that I am but it’s who I choose to be”. What that means to me is that there’s a lot more to me as a person that just the edge, but out of all the things that make me up as a person I choose to identify with being Straight Edge above anything else and that’s because I find true value in what it represents.

3- Some people say that their pets are a reflection on themselves, how do you feel about that statement and your dog?

That’s a loaded question you fucker… okay for those not in the know, I have a wiener dog named Josh. Wiener dogs have long snouts and so do I, in fact both my wife and I kinda look like our dog. Pete I hate you. As for the dog himself, Josh is a great dude, he love to chill out and listen to the core with me and although the wife and I are vegetarians we feed him on a raw meat diet which is natural and healthy for a dog. Kibble and wet food are pretty much fast food for animals and contribute to most of the weight issues and illness that arises in pets so it’s a compassionate choice for pet owners. As for the animals used for his food, being vegetarians we kinda felt an ethical dilemma about it but we’ve done some research and buy from a company that uses free range ethically treated animals and once you see the shit they put into other dog foods I doubt many people would think twice about going raw for their pets.

4- Do you ever see yourself making it back in the best country in the world?

I want TFS to come there but I don’t know if it’s in the cards. I have way to many friends down there to not come back so I’m sure the wife and I will make a rip out of it. I mean if No Apologies, one of the greatest current core bands, wont come to me then I have to come to them.

5- Did jj really steal sean spear's underwear?( i saw it with my own eyes but after more than a year i steal need confirmation)

Yeah, no word of a lie when Betrayed toured with FVK John Joseph stole Sean Spear’s underwear… all of it… as in he had to buy all new underwear the next day… and not as a joke, but to actually wear. This was so insane it made my mind explode! The best part of it was the next day we told the story to Mackie, he was drinking an espresso ad he just looked off into the distance and said, “That’s some jail shit right there”. Again my mind exploded

No comments: