Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Mixtape Madness


I'm crazy, I'm the kind of person that when they get an idea in their head i HAVE to do it and i HAVE to do it RIGHT NOW. So i guess thats why for the last 2 hours i have been making Ricky a mix tape (yes, an actual cassette tape! remember them? fuck itunes for making shit so easy, actually sorry i take that back) to show my appreciation for him making me that tape all those years ago.
It also got me to thinking, where in my life would i be if Ricky never gave me that tape, or basically if i never "found" Hardcore. I dont want to get to deep on this but through hardcore i met my partner, met most of my friends, have travelled around my country more times than i could count, have travelled overseas, have grown as a person, etc, etc.
Hardcore really is "my life", as fucking cheesy as that sounds it is true.
Here is Rickys new playlist, you will notice that it is made up of all current core bands (pretty much), this is because Ricky has grown a little tired of the core of late and i think he just needs a little reminder as to whats out there, and how fucking good hardcore is right now.
Side A is made up of mostly American and some European bands.
Side B is made up of Australian bands(Get in touch with me if you want to know more about any of these bands they are all rule) and then the World Collapse ep to finish the tape off.

SIDE A

Bitter End- Climate Of Fear
Blacklisted- Memory Layne
Ceremony- Living Hell
Guns Up!- Outlive
Have Heart- Watch Me Rise
Rise And Fall- Live In Sin
Shipwreck AD- Squall
Terror- Rhythm Amongst The Chaos
Internal Affairs- No Good Game In Hardcore
Iron Age- We're Dust/The Violator
Comeback Kid- Broadcasting
The Hope Conspiracy- Sadistic Sacred Whore
108- Three Hundred Liars
Down To Nothing- Along For The Ride
Ringworm- Razor's Line
The First Step- What We Know
Trapped Under Ice- Soul Vice/ Reality Unfolds
Trash Talk- Lepers To Feed The Lepers/Kill The Snakes
No Turning Back- Take Your Guilt
Betrayed- Bring It To Life

SIDE B

Bad Blood- On Your Own
Blkout!- Unlock A Path
Extortion- H5N1
50 Lions- To The Test
Jungle Fever- Stayin Alive
Her Nightmare- Class War
Meatlocker- Destroy Hoxton
Miles Away- Brainwashed
Mindsnare- Turn You Inside Out
No Apologies- Survival
Parkway Drive- Carrion
Samsara- Hatred
Thrush- The Quarrel 
Worlds Collapse- Deutschland, Deutschland! Into The Night ep

No comments: